Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Scanner Recommendations

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I have 2 Dodges, a Jeep and a Ferd. Anyone have a recommendation for a "budget priced" scanner that can no only do OBD but also TPMS? I see scanners for $10 on AMZN, but it appears no one is happy with them. I really don't want to spend $159+, unless I can be informed why it's worth it.

Please tell us what you have and why it's so good and worth it.

THANKS!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
AlfaOBD is about $50 as I recall. And an MX-2 (or whatever they're called) another less-than $100.

But in your case, an extra $15 or so for a bypass cable ('18-up Dodge, and probably also Jeep).

Lilschmied

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nowhereville
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I've had the obdlink mx2 for 7 or 8 years now. It works great with alfa obd and has saved me several dealership visits. The bypass cable is for newer MYs, so check if it's required for your usage. I've never needed one, but there's also adapter cables sometimes needed to access all the modules in a vehicle.

Looks like the Mx2 is discontinued and replaced by the + version

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I've had the obdlink mx2 for 7 or 8 years now. It works great with alfa obd and has saved me several dealership visits. The bypass cable is for newer MYs, so check if it's required for your usage. I've never needed one, but there's also adapter cables sometimes needed to access all the modules in a vehicle.

Looks like the Mx2 is discontinued and replaced by the + version

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/
Awesome setup, wish I knew how to use all the features.

I like the convience and operation of the autel models. Hefty price tag but really good technology

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Im using the TOPDON phoenix plus, has already paid for itself with side work. You can also add a scope to it but its around $1000